Girl Hub seeks an outstanding individual to lead Girl Hub Ethiopia, one of three country offices under the public-private collaboration between DFID and the Nike Foundation. Girl Hub is a team of DFID Ethiopia, DFID’s largest country programme, engaging with the Government of Ethiopia to help shape policy, and deliver a large existing portfolio of programmes. Girl Hub Ethiopia it is also a member of the Nike Foundation/Girl Hub family and the Country Director works closely with both parent organisations, as well as the other Girl Hubs across the African continent.
The Girl Hub Ethiopia Country Director role is a rewarding, challenging and very diverse leadership role. Girl Hub Ethiopia has just finished its ‘end state’ strategy planning, associated communications strategy and is about to implement delivery of out-reach for its branded ‘Yegna’ social norm change platform. Girl Hub is a key player on ending forced and child marriage in Ethiopia, and you will have an opportunity to deepen your expertise in this area at a time when it is a top priority for DFID Ministers and the UK government.
In addition to high-level leadership, management, analysis, problem-solving and inter-personal skills are needed to succeed in this entrepreneurial, demanding but rewarding post. The post-holder will need to demonstrate evidence of strong skills and/or performance in most or all of the following:
- The desire and ability to inspire and lead others, delegating to and empowering others, within clear structures of accountability.
- Strategic thinking and political savvy.
- Embrace change an innovation, and foster solutions to deliver at pace.
- Set and achieve targets, allocating resources to deliver and setting robust metrics to measure business performance.
- Sound judgment, decision-making. Professionalism under pressure. Ability to adapt and remain productive with conditions of uncertainty;
- Building relationships and alliances to deliver goals, engaging colleagues across organisations to optimise performance
- Translates strategy into priorities, objectives and action plans, and provides direction, resources and environment needed for success.
- Delivers results and value for money.
– – – > For more: http://girlhub-jobs.org/vacancies/34
About Girl Hub
Girls can play a crucial role in solving the most persistent development problems we face in the world today.
When we include girls in education, health and economic investment we have a better chance of preventing issues such as child marriage, teen pregnancy, HIV/AIDS and breaking the inter-generational cycle of poverty. But girls can’t do it alone; they need the world to listen to them and invest in their potential.
What exactly is the girl effect?
The girl effect is a movement. It’s about leveraging the unique potential of adolescent girls to end poverty for themselves, their families, their communities, their countries and the world. It’s about making girls visible and changing their social and economic dynamics by providing them with specific, powerful and relevant resources.
Created by the Nike Foundation in collaboration with the NoVo Foundation, United Nations Foundation and Coalition for Adolescent Girls, the girl effect is fuelled by hundreds of thousands of girl champions who recognise the untapped potential of adolescent girls living in poverty.